We're keeping an eye on Hurricane Elsa and updating our Hurricane Information page regularly. It's likely we'll have weather impacts early next week, most likely on Tuesday. Be sure to update your own storm plans. We'll contact you if any evacuations are ordered and relocation services are needed.
We’ve officially launched Visit Lauderdale, Greater Fort Lauderdale’s new destination brand, reflecting our vibrant and inclusive community, 31 municipalities strong. Our new logo prominently features a sun, reflective of our warm and welcoming destination, and the “Everyone Under the Sun” tagline, which encompasses our diverse community of residents and visitors as well as our picturesque weather. Visit our brand page online to watch our brand launch video, download a brand overview, request our new logo, request a brand flag for your business, and learn about other ways you can embrace our new brand and further our destination’s success. We also kindly encourage you to tag @VisitLauderdale and use #EveryoneUndertheSun to continue spreading awareness of our new brand and to show how welcoming we are to all. Together, we’ll shine brighter than ever.
This summer’s LauderDeals campaign promoting the entire county to targeted markets has launched. Visit Lauderdale promotes LauderDeals through advertising, paid and organic social media, marketing and public relations. Do not miss your chance for exposure through this no-cost promotion. Submit your LauderDeals for hotels, attractions, dining and spas and get ready for a busy summer. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Johana Davila at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-767-2460.
ANNOUNCING TRAVEL ADVISOR INCENTIVES
Entice travel advisors to book your business by offering a discounted rate or other incentive. To learn more and submit your Travel Advisor Incentives, please contact Rita Wells at email@example.com or 954-767-2483 or Caitlan Etchevers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-767-2482.
|Greater Fort Lauderdale Average Hotel Occupancy
||5% increase over May 2019
|Greater Fort Lauderdale Average Daily Rate (ADR)
||12% increase over May 2019
|Greater Fort Lauderdale Revenue per Available Room (RevPar)
||19% increase over May 2019
IN THE NEWS - LATEST MEDIA HITS
Visit Lauderdale partnered with Travelocity resident travel guru, The Roaming Gnome, to showcase 17 top family-friendly things to do, places to visit, and restaurants to enjoy in Greater Fort Lauderdale. Social posts shared across Visit Lauderdale’s owned social channels generated 57,678 impressions, 669 reactions, comments & shares, and 1,154 total engagements. Read on to follow The Roaming Gnome’s recent adventures.
NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES
Visit Lauderdale produced and hosted a Facebook Live announcement and social media posts generating over 19,000 impressions celebrating May 10, 2021 as One Year Out Day until the National Senior Games takes place across Greater Fort Lauderdale May 10-23, 2022. Over 13,000 athletes are expected to participate, brining an economic impact of more than $23.5 million to Broward County.
CHEERS TO 50K
We recently celebrated reaching 50,000 followers for @visitlauderdale on Instagram with an Appreciation Post and Insta Stories.
A new episode of Lifetime’s “Military Makeover” was shot in Hollywood featuring the renovation of a USAF veteran’s home. Other productions include:
- Military Makeover Deerfield Beach episode aired on Lifetime
- TLC’s “‘I am Jazz” in Coral Springs and Fort Lauderdale
- TLC’s “I love a Mama’s Boy” and “Darcey and Stacy” and Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Miami” with several home locations in Broward
- Hyundai commercial
- Crime docuseries
- Netflix documentaries
- Many new requests for Broward County Parks locations
Celebrity Edge’s departure from Port Everglades June 26 was the first cruise to depart from a U.S. port since the pandemic shut down the industry in March 2020.
GLOBAL LEISURE TRAVEL & ACTIVITIES
ASTA board members joined Caitlan Etchevers and other Visit Lauderdale team members at Port Everglades for a sail away celebration for Celebrity Edge.
- March-May: Hotel Beds B2B campaign with over 180 local hotels booked
- April: ASTA Amazing Race Adventure FAM with four themed itineraries
- April: AAA Club Group Return to Travel Expo
- May: Tri-county travel advisor tours
- June: Elevated Experience FAM for travel advisors
- June 24: ASTA Spring Affair, Wyndham Deerfield Beach
- July: GTM Flagship with FAM, Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
- July: Cruise 360 with destination FAMS, The Diplomat Beach Resort
- August: ASTA Global Convention, Chicago
- September: IPW, Las Vegas
- September: Boston Travel & Adventure Show
CONVENTION SALES TRAVEL & ACTIVITIES
- June 16-19: MPI World Education Conference
- June 28-30: HelmsBriscoe – Dallas
- June 28-July 1: FSAE Annual Conference, Orlando
- July 7-9: PCMA Education Conference, Phoenix
- July 13-15: Destinations International, Baltimore
- July 22-25: DC/SE Destination Preview, GFL
- July 25-27: Meetings Today Destination Southeast, Marco Island
- July 28-30: St. Louis Client Event/Sales Calls, St. Louis
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION ACTIVITIES & UPCOMING EVENTS
Richard Gray worked with Broward County to create a Greater Fort Lauderdale Pride display and collateral which was used for employee outreach during Pride Month in June.
UPCOMING LGBT + EVENTS
- July 10: Flock Fest
- September 1-6: Bears in Fort Lauderdale
- September 24-26: Julian’s Annual Reverse Quinceanera Pageant at The Galleria Fort Lauderdale
- September 2021: Florida Roundup conference, Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach
- October 7-17: OUTshine Film Festival
- October 27 - November 1: Cannonball 2021, Westin Fort Lauderdale
- October 31: Wicked Manors
PARTNER TO PARTNER OPPORTUNITY
Greater Fort Lauderdale Beer Week (September 12-19, 2021) is seeking interested restaurants and hotels that serve craft beer to participate. You’re invited to create your own craft beer-themed event during the event week or create your version of a Hoppy Meal, a prix fixe meal that includes a craft beer and your choice of food items. View event ideas and submit your events here. The pioneering FemAle Brew Fest will anchor the week at the new Kimpton Goodland Fort Lauderdale Beach on September 18.
WELCOME TO THE VISIT LAUDERDALE TEAM
Visit Lauderdale welcomes Camila Clark as its new Senior Vice President Marketing and Communications, responsible for the advancement of Visit Lauderdale’s mission through strategic advertising, branding campaigns, public relations, and targeted destination marketing. With more than 20 years in the travel and tourism industry, Camila brings a wealth of experience to the role. Most recently, she served as the Senior Director of Corporate Communications for Brand USA, the public-private partnership responsible for launching the United States’ first-ever nationally coordinated tourism marketing effort.